What do you need to do to reach your running goal?
Of course, you’re going to need to run.
But is running the only thing that will help you be successful? Not even close!
This course is designed to help you get the most out of the miles you run by helping you recognize the value of doing the "Little Things" that will help you stay healthy, recover quicker, and train more consistently in the pursuit of your goals.
In short, this course will hopefully show you that the Little Things are anything but little!
- Food is Fuel
- Quality is Important
- The Best Diet for Runners
- Are Some Foods Off Limits? No, But...
- The Allure of What's Forbidden
- Foods to Limit/Avoid
- How Much Water Do You Need to Drink?
- Don't Forget About Your Liquid Calories
- Step Up Your Water Game
- Does Caffeine Dehydrate You?
- Race Day Nutrition
- Additional Diet/Nutrition Specific Resources
- Intro: What is Cross Training?
- Benefits of Regular Cross Training
- Different Types of Cross Training
- How Much Cross Training Should You Do?
- Most Overlooked, and Very Beneficial, Type of Cross Training
- I'm a Runner, So Shouldn't I Run More and Cross Train Less?
- Additional Cross Training Resources
About the instructor
Denny Krahe is the Chief Everything Officer over at DizRuns.com.
As a running coach, Denny's area of expertise is all things running injuries. In a previous life, he worked as a Certified Athletic Trainer for athletes at the high school, college, and professional levels. Denny is firm in his belief that most of the common running injuries are avoidable by simply taking preventative action BEFORE the aches and pains become too much.
In addition to coaching the Diz Runners, Denny also hosts Diz Runs Radio, which is freely available wherever podcasts are sold. He talks with runners of all shapes, sizes, and ability levels about "running, life, and everything in between".